Well, I wasn’t there but it looks like fun! Dozens… hundreds…? A lot ! of Santas converged at Washington Square Park Saturday afternoon (12/12) for SantaCon NYC (it’s part convention, part pub crawl). They met at 10 a.m. at different locales throughout the five boroughs and wound their way throughout the city (and its pubs) before descending upon Washington Square Park‘s Fountain Plaza.
SantaCon began in San Francisco in 1994 but there are now events throughout the world.
* You MUST address everyone as “Santa.”
* You SHOULD “ho-ho-ho” like Santa.
* You OUGHT to give out gifts like Santa.
* You MIGHT want to drink like Santa.
* Santa doesn’t talk to the press. Even “Ho-ho-ho” is too dangerous these days.
Photos: Katie Killary